All positions require a High School Diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, good driving record and a dependable vehicle along with proof of auto insurance. Must be at least 21 years old.
House Coordinator and Director positions require a Bachelor Degree in related field with one year experience working with clients with Developmental Disabilities, or Associate Degree with two years’ experience, per DHS “Designated Coordinator Standard”.
We serve clients primarily in the Anoka, Ramsey and Washington County area.
General Summary of Positions
Living Skills Instructor (LSI)
The LSI position exists to provide assistance and care to adults diagnosed with Mental Retardation and/or Mental Illness that live in a residential group home setting, or live at home independently or in a foster family setting. This assistance and care is provided by acting as part of a team that will be implementing client goals, planning client centered activities, and teaching the clients new skills to meet their daily needs. The LSI will facilitate an environment that is safe, comfortable, and fun so that the clients can reach their full potential and enjoy as many opportunities as possible to learn and grow.
The LSI works together with the interdisciplinary team (IDT) to provide quality care, and to support life enrichment opportunities to persons with disabilities in an environment fostering growth and independence, while upholding and maintaining a viable, ethical, and moral business, and treating everyone with respect, compassion, and dignity.
It is expected that the LSI will work to facilitate an environment of teamwork between all employees while promoting PKT Enterprises’ philosophy of client-centered care and positive and fun interactions with the clients PKT serves. Medical, dental, PTO benefits offered for full time employees.
Essential Functions May Include:
- plan, initiate and participate in activities at home or in the community
- provide transportation
- balance client funds
- administer client medications or provide supervision to clients who are able to administer their own meds
- understand and implement client programs
- complete charting of client programs/outcomes in each client’s daily logbook
- assure clients are involved in an array of activities focused on their needs and desires
- assist clients with meal preparation and clean up
- clean and assist the clients with cleaning the common living spaces and their individual bedrooms
- assist the clients with personal hygiene including bathing, toileting, and grooming
- help the clients choose appropriate clothing for the setting and the weather
- help the clients in doing laundry according to the need and schedule
- attend monthly staff meetings
The Lead Staff position exists to provide assistance and care to adults diagnosed with Mental Retardation and/or Mental Illness that live in a residential group home setting. This assistance and care is provided by helping the House Coordinator with scheduling and attending medical appointments for the clients, developing and implementing client goals, filing month end paperwork, planning client centered activities, and training competent staff to meet the daily needs of the clients. The Lead Staff assists the House Coordinator in providing for the client’s needs and supports the House Coordinator in overseeing the details of the home in which the clients live. The Lead Staff facilitates an environment that is safe, comfortable, and fun so that the clients can reach their full potential and enjoy as many opportunities as possible to learn and grow.
Essential Functions Include LSI job duties in addition to:
- work a minimum 70 hours per pay period
- provide the second shift of training for all new staff or when a new client moves in
- provide modeling for appropriate methods of interacting with clients in keeping with all training policies and procedures
- complete the Lead Staff Checklist weekly
- complete medication administration observation evaluations
- check that all necessary forms are available
- be available and knowledgeable to answer questions pertaining to clients, household procedures, company policy, etc.
- monitor charting of client programs/outcomes
- check for accuracy in documentation
- record medication changes, pick up prescriptions and call in refills
- create menu for meals and purchase groceries for the house
- medical, dental and PTO benefits offered
Float Staff are trained to work at several different locations. Float Staff pick up shifts on a regular or as need basis and perform similar responsibilities as the Living Skills Instructor. Requirements are flexibility to be on call and ability to work with a variety of individuals. Benefits include Paid Time Off.
PKT Enterprises offers the opportunity to live on site and work part time morning shifts Monday-Friday while receiving free rent, in exchange for overnight sleep hours Sunday-Thursday. Private living quarter amenities vary depending on site, but usually include private bedroom and bath with shared kitchen. Great option for someone attending college, or anyone wanting to save money while not paying rent. Specific terms and agreements are made upon hire. The Live-In performs the same duties as the Living Skills Instructor during regularly scheduled awake shifts. Medical, dental and PTO benefits offered.
The House Coordinator (HC) position exists to provide assistance and care to adults diagnosed with Mental Retardation and/or Mental Illness that live in a residential group home setting. This assistance and care is provided by attending team meetings for the clients, scheduling and attending medical appointments with the clients, developing and implementing client goals, writing quarterly and annual paperwork, planning client centered activities, and scheduling and training competent staff to meet the daily needs of the clients. This is accomplished by supervising the employees working at the group home. The HC also provides for the client’s needs and oversee the details of the home in which the clients live. The HC facilitates an environment that is safe, comfortable and fun so that the clients can reach their full potential and enjoy as many opportunities as possible to learn and grow.
In general, the primary purpose of this position is to supervise the delivery of services according to all applicable state and federal rules and regulations and for providing leadership to all employees at the site. This position oversees up to four clients and varying staffing levels per site.
Qualified applicants will possess strong written and oral communication skills. In addition, the ability to work independently while maintaining an organized team based management role is essential for success.
Specific benefits, job duties and essential functions of the position are outlined in the Terms of Employment Letter.
The position of Director/QMRP is responsible for overall management and administration of programs/services for the sites or department they oversee as indicated in their Terms of Employment Letter, and in accordance with all applicable State and Federal rules and regulations, as well as Company policies. Directors are expected to provide authority, responsibility and accountability while performing their job duties and provide strong leadership organization.